If you have fallen prey to a scam or phishing attempt or feel your VCU credentials are compromised, reset your eID password immediately.
- Visit https://go.vcu.edu/myeid
- Contact the IT Support Center at 804-828-2227
- If you cannot access your email account following a password reset, contact the Collaboration Services team to restore account access.
VCU Technology Services is always working to halt spam, phishing and malicious ransomware. This is accomplished through the use of Cisco Email Security set at the edge of the VCU network. All email entering the University passes through Cisco’s defense system. During a recent one-week period over 62 million pieces of email were identified as spam or phishing and stopped by our Cisco Email Security system. Additional steps to keep spam from your Inbox:
- If you are unsure of the legitimacy of an email, please contact VCU IT Support Center at 804-828-2227, or your local IT staff. They can help you verify the legitimacy of the email. Alternatively, the VCU Information Security Team can also help you to verify the legitimacy of an email.
- To report any phishing email, please contact the VCU Information Security Team or VCU IT Support Center at 804-828-2227.
- Visit phishing.vcu.edu for the latest known phishing scams.