Learn About Listserv
A mailing list or "listserv" is a way of sending an electronic message to a large number of people. Listservs often combine the characteristics of a newsletter and a discussion group. A listserv is a good solution when there are internal and external members and not all members are Google account holders.
- Visit https://lists.vcu.edu
- Click Login in upper right corner
- Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org address and eID password*
*vcuhealth.org or outside email accounts must register a password
- Create a mailing list for your department, organization, class, research project, or other functions by completing this web form.
- Review the List Owner's Guide for detailed steps on accessing and configuring your list.
- Request an auto-populating list that updates daily by submitting a support ticket. For a student list, include whether this should include the current semester or current and next semesters. Include the major code(s) and two student examples for us to review.
Subscribe to a Listserv
- Request an owner of a list to add you.
- Send an email to email@example.com. Include a single line in the body of the message saying “SUBSCRIBE Listname your name”, where listname is the name of the mailing list you want to join. Dr. Gee joining the TESTING-LIST-GROUP-L list would include single line of SUBSCRIBE TESTING-LIST-GROUP-L Dr. Gee. DO NOT include any signature line!
Unsubscribe from a Listserv
- Follow steps at the bottom of an email from the listserv to unsubscribe (if the list is configured to include them).
- Or send an email from the account wishing to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org with a line in the message body saying SIGNOFF listname, for example: SIGNOFF TESTING-LIST-GROUP-L and DO NOT include any signature line!